Friday, June 27, 2014

God's love.

I was reading through my old posts recently and I noticed how almost every post ended with the realisation that I can't imagine my life without God. I had one of these moments this morning.

I was reading 1.John chapter 4 from verse 7 where it talks about the love for God and people. It's quite a repetitive passage because it keeps saying that we love because He has loved us and what He did for us was the greatest act of love and if we understand it we cannot NOT love. I had a conversation with my housemate some time ago and we discussed that it is actually quite hard to start disliking someone because they're mean or full of themselves or whatever else. Because as we learn about God and more about His love we cannot stay unchanged. It'll do something inside us. It will crack us. It'll make us look at others differently. So if they're mean, why are they mean? What has happened in their life to make them like this? Have they experienced God in their lives? I think the answers would change how we think about them.

I had an experience at work with a colleague. I'll be honest, he can be quite annoying (understatement how I feel most of the time when we work together). And many times I've had to take a deep breath just to be able to deal with him and my growing irritation. But one time when we were working together and I was looking at Him God spoke to me and said: ' He is my son and I love him'. My heart broke for him. I've had many conversations with him about God and Jesus and what I believe and what he believes but I never seem to get through to him properly. But I guess at the end of the day there is only so much you can say and then you will just have to love and let God do His work.

No comments: