Saturday, May 11, 2013

a ramble

There have been a couple of thoughts I wanted to write about but as soon as I put a title to it and started writing about it my mind just got stuck and I couldn't finish a single thought properly. Anyway... I've decided to just write and not think too much. Because that's what people sometimes do - they think too much! In my case it often gets me in trouble. I get weird feelings about things that I shouldn't, I think not so pleasant thoughts about people even though they don't deserve it so mostly I just have to keep telling myself to get over myself. Our pastor often says in his preaches that we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously. And we shouldn't. Doesn't mean we should see ourselves as a big massive joke, because that's not true, but we shouldn't make our lives difficult. My lovely housemate just read a book (The Freedom Of Self-Forgetfulness - Timothy Keller) about being humble and how it's not about how much we hate ourselves or bring ourselves down or about how much we love ourselves. It's about how much we forget ourselves. If you talk to a person who is really humble you don't think when they walk away after a chat that they're really humble, instead you think that this person was really interested in you or really sincere. Making 'being humble' your life goal will quite likely fail you.
Also these last couple of weeks I've realised even more that I am nothing without God. I would choose nothing and no one over Him because at the end of the day, my happiness lies in Him. And it makes me sick to my stomach if I thought I would have to live without Him. I know it's a really Christian thing to say, pure Christian cheese :D But it's true. And once those cheesy things become real to you it's an amazing feeling really. For me it has gotten me over the fear if I really am Christian enough to get to heaven or if someone made me choose between someone I love or God, who would I choose. There is no doubt anymore. And I think once that is set, everything else will follow. God has all the power to make you happy. And He's not this cocky person who needs everyone to love Him and surrender to Him. But He's where everything good comes from.

And here's a picture for you:

No comments: