I just remembered the story I once wrote in my blog as well when I heard my dad talk to one of my cousins about his life. He wasn't going to church and just explained why he wasn't being a Christian at that time. I don't think I heard the whole conversation but I clearly remember my dad replying to it and saying: Yea, I guess you can do that if you are not thinking eternally.
I went to a discipleship course at church on Tuesday and Stuart was talking about when his brother wanted him to accept Jesus into his life and Stuart said he might right before he died. A while later he had a massive accident where he thought he was going to die. He didn't even think about Jesus at that moment (he explained-how can you think about someone you've never met).
So when will our eternity start? When will anyone's eternity start? I don't always but now I'm having a moment where I think about all the people now that need to hear the gospel. Because the fact is that when all of this is over all of us will be on one or the other end. And there's going to be a lot of heartbreak, I think.
On a happier note: I am enjoying the course I'm on! It's gospel month and they're teaching us how to share the gospel, how to lead people into salvation and how to share your testimony. And it's been fun at work sometimes to talk about my faith and God and church with the people there. And I thank God for taking my fear away but I think I still need to work on it. God is good, He is faithful!
No comments:
Post a Comment