This is the subject that has been on my heart for the last couple of weeks.
What does it mean to have more of the Holy Spirit? I was wondering quite a while whether I even have the Holy Spirit. Is it something you receive "by default" when you are saved or is it something you need to ask for over and over again. I've realised that I've come to desire it like never before. BUT I struggle to get the Holy Spirit...
I'm translating an Alpha book and there are some amazing stories how people ask for the baptism of the Holy Spirit and either right away or even months later they receive the Holy Spirit in a moment they don't expect and to the extent that they just cannot bear it and they ask God to stop! I think there is a lot of truth to that - first of all, in my opinion (do correct me if I'm wrong), God doesn't just give us things we don't ask from Him. Or to even say - He doesn't give us things that He wants us to ask Him for.
At church today Ian talked to a small group of us and mentioned something about the Holy Spirit. That if we pray for people and we don't have the Holy Spirit, nothing will happen. People won't get healed or saved or ... And I do believe that because I can see it in my own life and when I look back on my life. Things still happen sometimes, because God loves us.
Holy Spirit has so much power that truth be told I am afraid to ask for it. And that's probably actually the devil that's afraid... Someone at church said that the devil puts his fear on us. We have nothing to worry about but when Jesus comes then the devil is the one who has the most to lose. And honestly - I wouldn't mind scaring him with asking and having Holy Spirit in me!
Let us ask and ask and ask for it everyday so it could work through us!
EXCITING!
No comments:
Post a Comment