Writing in english because I hate 6-s and 2-s as letters.
I was just listening to James Morrison and it got me thinking, as you do when you listen to him, about relationships. He has quite depressing songs sometimes or I would even say most of the times but sometimes some of the lyrics catch my ear and draw my attention. For example - I can only see when you're here. If I think about that it has been written to a girl, or when girls listen to it, it's written to a boy then what the heck?! Does that boy or girl have your seeing glasses or something? Even though it's probably a really romantic thing to say it is also very desperate. No human should be in control of your sight. And if you think about it, no human ever COULD be in control of our sight. But if I think that it's written to God it makes perfect sense. Without God you are lost. Very very lost. At least I am. It takes one day without God to realise it's really hard without Him. And I have to admit there's probably more than one day in my life when I'm not exactly with Him. It doesn't mean that He's not with me. And when I go to sleep after those days I feel quite drenched. I'm tired, sometimes I'm sad and depressed. These are the times when I need to sing "I can only see when you're here". Because I feel that it's the truth. It takes courage to say it, it takes courage to search for Him, it takes courage to follow Him. Even if walking with God makes me feel insecure sometimes it is the most secure thing in my life. And when I feel tears in my eyes right now I can't tell whether it's because imagining my life without Him is heart breaking or because I'm not happy with my walk at the moment. (It might be James Morrison's fricking sad songs). But I guess it doesn't matter to God which one it is. I was at church yesterday and one of the preachers said that if you are already thinking you should be better it's a step ahead. I'm guessing God's not only appreciating our success, results and outcome, He's appreciating us.
I read the beginning of my post and it said that this song made me think about relationships. I guess at the end it's always about God.
2 comments:
Yup, in the end - it all comes down to who God is, who is He in our lives and what He wants us to do and who to be.
Good that you always find yourself with Him! :)
i too really loved what martin said.. about not being good enough or wanting something we don't know how to achieve or having heartache because of something left undone.. that the thought counts almost as much and god sees it and it's good.
Post a Comment