Hello!
I'm 98,5% sure that no one reads my blog anymore but I happened to read back on my blog posts and it made me want to write another entry. Why? Because it's actually quite lovely to read back and remember some of the past in more detail (I'm surprisingly forgetful when it comes to a lot of the details of my life) and learn again what my spiritual journey was when I was a wee bit younger.
As I reached the blogs from recent years from 2018 and 2021 I realised that actually it would be quite nice to have some account of my current life that I can read about when I'm older again. The posts about my husband and my children and how I'm feeling about as a mother are the ones I cherish the most. Reading about my late teen years and early adulthood are fun to read but it's almost like reading about another person.
Yesterday I came across a line from one my entries that I had written when I was already living in England and I was thinking about my future husband and it said: 'I'm sure God has already lined up someone amazing for me'. As you can read from an entry abot my husband you know that I was right. I'm so glad I wrote that one about him, now 6 years ago, because when life goes on we tend to forget about a lot of the blessings in our life and spouses become more of a routine filled life than someone that you fully appreciate. Sometimes we take them for granted when they deserve to be affirmed. I can honestly say that not much what I wrote back then has changed. He is still my absolute favourite person in the world. I love spending time with him, even when we do nothing and just sit on the couch and watch a mindless tv series. He is still an absolute amazing dad for our children (which is now twice the amount it was back in 2018) and he still prays for our children every single day.
Ricky found our little wedding book the other day and some guests had written in there that married life will only get better in time. There are times where it is really really hard and I miss the times when we first got together and had all those sparks and excitement and lovey dovey feelings. But I can 100% say now that it absolutely does get better. I find so much comfort in knowing Ricky so well and him knowing me so well. There's a certainty and safety in our marriage and the way we are with each other, always open about ourselves and about other people that we never doubt that we are each other's priority. When we are apart for a day or more it's hard and we miss each other a lot and we wish to be together. Ofcourse times apart are important sometimes to realise that we actually would rather be together.
Ricky has a massive heart for people and he is so emphatetic and loving and caring. He's got the gift of encouragement and he uses it every single day, whether it's with someone from work or someone from church or some family member or neighbour or from the gym, or even a stranger. He helps people see what is good in them and builds them up. He sees when people are weary or in pain or in trouble and he always makes a point of being supportive and encouraging. Whenever he can he will also do it practically to relieve someone else's burden.
He relies on the Lord even when it's difficult. He battles with anxiety but is always trying to overcome it. He knows and believes God can deliver him and he will keep fighting to one day receive victory over it. I'm really proud of him seeing all the progress he has made over the years, even if I don't always react the best way to his stumbles I know in my heart that he is trying his best. And he always wants to be the best for me and the kids.
I can also say that he is still competitive in nature when it comes to exercising. I still dont have any love for excersising as much as Ricky tries to ignite a fire in me but he has inspired me to look after myself more over the years and ofcourse, he is the voice, LOUD voice next to me shouting: GET IT! He's my number one supporter and cheerleader, sometimes annoying but always full of love! But Ricky still loves giving himself a good challenge physically and I can always see how happy he is when he accomplishes something new. Especially if it's beating his own records from when he was a few years younger and maybe a little fitter.
He is super faithful in church too. There has been struggles over the years but one of the things I admire most about him is that he keeps on serving the Lord. Even when people can hurt him (as people do, cause we are all humans unfortunately) or bring him down he never spits his dummy out and says he doesn't want to serve. He always knows who it's for and HE, the LORD is far more important than anyone else on Earth. Even when he himself brings himself down he will still overcome, like he did in COVID when he really really didn't want to lead worship and he still did it because he believed that's what God wanted. I mean... what's more to want in a husband? :)
He has taught me so much over the years when we've been married. I mentioned in the previous posts about how he is good with confrontation and he doesn't have any issues talking about hard things. And it has definitely changed me into being a more open person with him and other people around me. He might regret teaching me that now though :D Now I don't shut up! HAA! But all in all it's something that has made our marriage stronger and it will help stay strong for the next years to come.
Okay, it's such a long positive post about Ricky that I need to bring out something negative too.... here it goes... you ready?
He snores SOOOOOOOO LOUDLY!!!! You'd think I'm sleeping next to a truck! Good job I'm a deep sleeper, otherwise I'd be up all night!!! πππ π
Anyway, my husband is awesome and I love him very much! ❤
No comments:
Post a Comment