It's been quite a chunk of time since I last posted anything on this blog. Amy and I were talking about laptops the other day and that made me remember about my own. I got it out today, I have to say, there's something freeing about having a laptop to use instead of a phone or an iPad. Doesn't feel as addictive (maybe cause I haven't had it out for years).
Opening my blog and deciding what to write about has always been a bit of a challenge. I've never thought of myself as slow but I definitely take a lot of time to think things through. Mainly when it comes to spiritual things or relationships. So when I want to write something here it's usually one or the other, therefore not an easy task.
So what's been on my mind lately? Probably the same old same old. How to live for God, how to keep up the standard of a Christian life, how to manage that in a marriage, how to pass it on to your children etc. Easy breezy huh? HAH!
It's getting harder and harder to have clear lines in our lives when it comes to standards. The world around us makes it harder actually. There's no longer a right or wrong. There's a way that works for you and if it doesn't for someone else, TOUGH. If you're judging someone else that means you're wrong already. If you think your way is right, you're wrong already. But in reality, if I'm a Christian I should have a very clear right or wrong. I had a chat with a friend of mine about compromising in today's world and we came to a conclusion that if you know the Bible there's not a lot you can compromise on. As a Christian, if you know your Bible, there's not loads of unclarity or blurry lines. There's no compromising with the world.
There's a massive increase in thinking if we are a little bit more like the world then the world will find us more attractive and we can reach more people and lead them to Christ. Again, if we know our Bible, that couldn't be further from the truth. We need to be set apart, we need be a light on top of a hill. We can't do that if we are matching our light to the world's.
As Christians we should always guide our decisions through the Jesus filter. It's kind of like WWJD (remember those bracelets?). Every decision, every thought, every action, let's put it through Jesus filter. I think a lot of people, a lot of Christians don't do that because that means they'll have to change so many things in their lives that they are used to, having to get rid of bad habits, give up dreams and goals etc. But I believe whole heartedly if we do that and we focus on Jesus and give it our 100% it'll change our lives for the better, we will receive more freedom, and we WILL be SET APART for His purposes.
So... yeah.... something light and breezy :D
No comments:
Post a Comment