Wednesday, February 24, 2010

fasting.

this post is going to be in english. well... duuuh..

Almost a week ago i decided to take a break from Facebook. I thought I was being really wise and that this was a way to get me focused on the right things. But what I learned was that nothing can keep you away from God if you want to be close to Him. IF you have that big desire you will forget about anything else. There won't be too much time on FB (no one said FB was bad right?) or Orkut or anywhere else. You just WANT to spend time alone with God, you WANT to read the Bible, you WANT to talk to God. For me, this time of fasting was a realization that I pay too much attention on what I shouldnt be doing instead of what i should be doing. And the last few days really have been great. I've read some book, I've learned new stuff in the Bible and I feel happier about life. As a friend of mine said: some people have complicated lives, because they make it complicated.
Some things can't be over analysed (said Siku, when she wrote an analysing blog entry). And I'm not saying that quitting on some things is not important. It is. But more important are the choices of what exactly you are quitting. So.. If you want to be with God don't start to think about things you have to stop doing that are distracting you, start to think about things you can do to be closer. Because if you figure that out already, you won't even want to do wasteful things..
or ... nope. not analysing any further.

It's 23.25.
time for das bed.


1 comment:

Anthony said...

Thanks for not making me google translate it, appreciated! And also, excellent point.